Monday, June 22, 2009

Living Aboard


When someone is choosing adjectives to describe me the words coordinated and graceful don't usually come up. I tried to leave the boat the other day when the companionway hatch wasn't opened all the way and just about knocked myself out.


Both of us find random bruises all over. I'm glad Nicole works from home, otherwise there might be some uncomfortable questions being asked.

All in all living aboard has been going very well! We've got great neighbors who have all been super nice and welcoming.
I'm really looking forward to making some progress on our project list!

4 comments:

  1. A-
    Ouch! It only took me about 50 times before I stopped hitting my head on the companionway hatch. Now all I have to do is hit my head on everything else another 40 or so times and then I'll be done with it!
    -Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, you guys! So excited for you to finally be living aboard Bella Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you've been initiated with the classic liveaboard head-conking! Welcome to Shilshole, hope to see you two soon!
    Susan and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I feel like the hatchboard induced concussion is a rite of passage for living aboard. I still miss those 30 or 40 IQ points I lost when I drilled my skull into our hatchboard. Twice.

    A list of things I've hit my head on in Hello World would just be about be an all-inclusive list of what's on board.

    Glad to see you guys living the life!! We're ecstatic for you!

    Jason and Christy

    ReplyDelete

Having trouble commenting?

If you are having trouble commenting, try using a browser other than IE.That sometimes works! Hope to hear from you!