Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Unexpected Perks

When Aaron and I started this blog, it was mainly designed to share our rather unique lifestyle with our non-boating friends and family.  We figured if people could see what living aboard is really like, they'd get that we're not crazy hippies--we're just passionate about our boat and being on the water.

While I'm not sure this blog has succeeded in convincing them of our sanity, it has done something unexpected... It's given us the opportunity to connect with an assortment of interesting, inspiring, like-minded people who we didn't even know were out there!  I'm always amazed when new emails and comments come in from folks who have found our blog, and I just love hearing their stories and connecting with them.  It's true what they say about the boating community being a tight-knit group that shares ideas, encouragement and support (and, of course, cocktails).  And I'm awfully glad to be a part of it.

3 comments:

  1. Hells yeah. We've met some very cool people just by having a blog out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron & Nicole. I'm a recent subscriber to your blog & have just begun reading from your 2009 entries. I had lunch with Stacy Heinemann when I was visiting Seattle yesterday & she fowarded your blog to me. She said she & Brett had a wonderful time with you in Costa Ricca recently.

    From reading your blog, I'm curious if you also might know my aunt & uncle who were live-aboards in Shilshole Bay Marina - Tom & Susie Murray aboard their sailboat "Ariel." I believe they were there in 2009. Also, Dan Sturgeon, also a live-aboard in Shilshole. Anyway, Tom & Susie currently in Ensenada, MX getting some work done on Ariel before they continue south.

    I hope to also cut the dock lines and head for the horizon one day (I suppose I need a boat first!). I look forward to your blogs.
    Fondly,
    Jacquie Murray
    Costa Mesa, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacquie! I'm so glad you're following along with our adventures--it's so great to hear from you! We had a wonderful time with Stacy and her family when they visited Costa Rica. It was quite a treat to see people from home.

      I don't believe we had the chance to meet Ariel or Dan, but the name "Ariel" sure sounds familiar. We also spent some time at the boat yard in Ensenada last year, and were very happy with their work. Our best to them!

      Take care, and thanks again for saying hello.
      -Nicole

      Delete

Having trouble commenting?

If you are having trouble commenting, try using a browser other than IE.That sometimes works! Hope to hear from you!